We have some good ones this week!
Standing desks, using Instagram for business, 3 fundamentals of Facebook recruiting, new roles in HR and…
Remember how we recently wrote about why we think Job Boards matter? Well, the Job Board Doctor one-upped us with some great advice on how NOT to run a Job Board. All of his tips are relevant to anyone working in HR and recruiting, but I’m especially fond of this one:
“(Don’t) Fail to change: Ever visit a job board and think, ‘Man, that looks like the 1990s!’? I see sites like this every week!”
- How to Not Make Money With a Job Board. Sometimes how NOT-tos are better than how-tos
- Are You Using a Standing Desk? An adorable video by Life Hacker about the evolution of the desk chair.
- 10 Creative Ways to Use Instagram for Business. Instagram more than just another medium for taking pictures of your cat.
- The 3 Fundamentals of Recruiting on Facebook. Yet another informative article by John Sumser:
- These Might be the Next HR Roles You Need to Fill or Perform. By Steve Boese, he also blogs about BBQ so you really ought to check out his site, yum!
- This looked too delicious not to share. Butternut squash is the best squash and not just because it has the word butter in its name.
Okay, I’ll admit it, I use a standing desk. Well… a very makeshift version of a standing desk!